New Bkool Pro2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cmcl1959

Hi to all,
I recently bought a new Pro 2 and I'm having a few issues that are pretty frustrating that hopefully someone can help me with.
I fitted Garmin speed and cadence sensors to the bike and use a Garmin heart rate chest strap all Ant+. I use a usb extension cable to my Mac Book air.
It seems I have to pair the trainer every ride. Is this normal? If I select the trainer then try to do the same with the cadence and speed sensors it deselects the trainer and tells me no trainer selected. It picks up the heart rate strap most times.
The trainer itself seems pretty good although quiet it is not especially when on steep gradients.
I'd like to use a tablet so I can have the screen closer to the bike but I'm unsure what to go for. Ideally I'd get a new iPad but apparently I'd have to buy some sort of adapter to use Ant+.
If anyone can give me some advice I'd be very grateful.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Hi to all,
I recently bought a new Pro 2 and I'm having a few issues that are pretty frustrating that hopefully someone can help me with.
I fitted Garmin speed and cadence sensors to the bike and use a Garmin heart rate chest strap all Ant+. I use a usb extension cable to my Mac Book air.
It seems I have to pair the trainer every ride. Is this normal? If I select the trainer then try to do the same with the cadence and speed sensors it deselects the trainer and tells me no trainer selected. It picks up the heart rate strap most times.
The trainer itself seems pretty good although quiet it is not especially when on steep gradients.
I'd like to use a tablet so I can have the screen closer to the bike but I'm unsure what to go for. Ideally I'd get a new iPad but apparently I'd have to buy some sort of adapter to use Ant+.
If anyone can give me some advice I'd be very grateful.
The trainer - plus HR monitor and cadence sensor - should usually pair automatically, although every now and again I have to manually search for them. I wonder if it's the speed sensor that is causing the problem, as the bkool measures speed internally, and uses this to calculate the power you see on screen within the simulator. There could be a conflict between your speed sensor and the trainer itself and it will only allow one or the other to be paired?

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
The trainer - plus HR monitor and cadence sensor - should usually pair automatically, although every now and again I have to manually search for them. I wonder if it's the speed sensor that is causing the problem, as the bkool measures speed internally, and uses this to calculate the power you see on screen within the simulator. There could be a conflict between your speed sensor and the trainer itself and it will only allow one or the other to be paired?
I only have the original Pro and a HR monitor and these work together fine. As Bridgy says, could be a conflict with one of the other sensors. Try excluding each one in turn and see which one it is.

OP
OP
C

Cmcl1959

Thanks for the info. I'll try taking the speed sensor off and see if that makes a difference.

Top Bottom