New Boy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barbelier

Hi folks

I'm Gavin. Live in the Bucks/Berks area with the wife:hugs:, son ;) and daughter:girl:.

Getting back into cycling after a very long lay off, having allowed work, family and fishing to takeover my life.

After a recent family holiday in Cornwall and a visit to Lands End, I half-jokingly suggested to a mate at work that we should go for the LEJOG challenge.......and he jumped at the idea.;) Teach me to keep my silly ideas to myself!:biggrin:

Looking forward to it really and ordered my first ever road bike/tourer today. Gotta a lot to learn and plan and forums like this are an invaluable source of information. Loads of training and miles ahead of me but I've already been enjoying the first few trips I made before the current ice age arrived.:biggrin: Can't wait for the weather to warm up a bit.

Gavin

bauldbairn

WELCOME to the CC Forum from snowy Central Scotland(Falkirk) all the best for the New Year. ;)

Norm

Welcome from, well, probably very close. I cycled across the border yesterday. My map is marked with "here be dragons" when you get north of the border in the badlands of South Bucks. ;)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Welcome from someone who grew up on the Bucks/Berks border - literally (it ran down the side of the next doors garden). Never really cycled around there though.

Willo

Barbelier said:
Hi folks

I'm Gavin. Live in the Bucks/Berks area with the wife:hugs:, son ;) and daughter:girl:.

Getting back into cycling after a very long lay off, having allowed work, family and fishing to takeover my life.

Gavin

Welcome - sounds familiar (I have a son and daughter, also fish and find those coupled with work prevent much else!) Always enjoyed the odd cycle, but have recently bought a new road bike to add some variety to my running (too many injuries). Have grand plans to still be able to fish and do some cycling this coming summer, but time will tell!

OP
OP
Barbelier

Barbelier

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! :biggrin:

Willo
Fishing and cycling - a man with good taste obviously.

Mind you the training for LEJOG will probably mean very little fishing until June now. My 8 year old lad loves fishing and cycling too (strange that :biggrin:) and we go out quite often together, so must careful not to neglect him. He did ask to come on the LEJOG trip :biggrin: but I don't want him to show me up!

Gavin

Top Bottom