New challange on my commute

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

magnatom

I was going a lot faster honest!

Yes maybe I should write to the hospital management and ask them to change the display to actual measured speed (instead of speed limit). I'm not sure they would go for my 'I want to see how fast I can go' argument though xx(:biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Also note the direction of the little wind turbine. This proves that there was a bit of a head wind!:biggrin:

Blonde

buggi said:
..it had a smiley face for if you was under the speed limit and a sad face if you were over...

Heh heh! Slightly worrying that adults pay more attention to :biggrin:/xx( though, than a big sign reading SLOW DOWN! Does this mean that most of the population can not read, or that they are just so into internet chat rooms & txt spk that they can't understand actual words anymore? :biggrin:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

We've had people on here say that they're against speed cameras because they don't ask nicely. Maybe this is aimed at them.

I think speed cameras (fixed penalty kind) should have a little LCD screen further down the road that flashed up 'GOTCHA! :biggrin:' as they approach. :biggrin:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
It's because social pressure is more effective on social animals. Thus a public smiley/sad face on the sign makes people slow down, not only because of the display, but because everyone else is watching them.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I wonder if it's the case that we as humans react more instinctively, more strongly and slightly faster, to a facial expression than a word, which is to some extent just a constructed symbol, albeit one the driver should know well?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Arch said:
I wonder if it's the case that we as humans react more instinctively, more strongly and slightly faster, to a facial expression than a word, which is to some extent just a constructed symbol, albeit one the driver should know well?

well mrs alecetc certainly does :biggrin:

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
magnatom said:
Also note the direction of the little wind turbine. This proves that there was a bit of a head wind!:biggrin:

Isn't that to keep the blades facing into the wind, suspect it was really a tail wind;)

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Damn. I've been rumbled..... :biggrin:

Maz

Guru
bonj said:
see here for the moton equivalent.
Other than it being a "A small plate covering the armpit in armour of the 14th century and later" what is a moton?
Excuse my ignorance.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I think in this case a moton is a moron who happens to be in a motor vehicle...

But I'm glad I've learned about the armpit armour, thank you, that will be my fact for the day.:biggrin:

Maz

Guru
Ah! Cheers, Arch. Mystery solved.
I can't see that word catching on, really. Sounds a bit naff.

Top Bottom