New cheap mini rack from china...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ukoldschool

Was buying a few bits from Aliexpress and thought I would try out one of the cheap aluminium rear mini racks.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32905247773.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.16354c4donGxy8

I went for the black version, and it came to just under £20 posted. Ordered it on 2/12, arrived 17/12 with no import duty :okay:
Fitted last night, seems reasonable quality. The rack sits over the mudguard and pushed it closer to the tyre, and as a result the brackets inside for the mudguard stays were rubbing on the tyre. Rather than muck around adjusting it all I just removed my mudguard brackets completely as they are now not really needed, so I drilled a couple of holes into the mudguard to use cable ties to fit it to the rack. Managed to bend the rear lamp bracket enough to still have that fitted, although the bottom of the seat post not hits it when folded, but that's actually a good thing as I lost the bung out of the bottom of it a while back so previously its been dragging on the floor :laugh:. Used a couple of M6 screws to put the wheels from the mudguard on the back (had previously modded the mudguard bracket to run 2 wheels), not sure whether to swap the larger easy wheels to the back now... Bike is nice a stable when folded now :okay:

S

Sorry the bikes a bit dirty, roads were nasty this morning on the way to work, will report back if it breaks :laugh:

12boy

Guru
Nice job, dude

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I need to get something like that and replace the standard rack (which only bought to make rolling around easier). Can you push the bike along folded without anything catching or pinging?

OP
OP
ukoldschool

ukoldschool

I need to get something like that and replace the standard rack (which only bought to make rolling around easier). Can you push the bike along folded without anything catching or pinging?

Yes, works fine for me, although I have got a pair of the slightly taller eazy wheels where the standard wheels used to be, and the old standard jockey wheels on the rear of the rack. :okay:

Top Bottom