New Commuting Steed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisKH

Guru
Well here it is, fresh out of the box and not yet adjusted for me. It's the 2007Cadenza and it has to be a folder to get it on the train. The trainee mechanics with the bike are called Ojo and Treelow. :smile:

DSC01101.jpg

DSC01103.jpg

DSC01104.jpg

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Liking it...needs SPD's though !

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
That looks really good - these are really interesting bikes, I think - I looked at them for a bit last year, and might consider one if we get a cyclescheme in place at work. If you get chance to do a review once you've ridden it around a bit, that'd be much appreciated.

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
John the Monkey said:
That looks really good - these are really interesting bikes, I think - I looked at them for a bit last year, and might consider one if we get a cyclescheme in place at work. If you get chance to do a review once you've ridden it around a bit, that'd be much appreciated.

No problem. Have to remember it's last year's model (so cheaper!) and therefore has a different frame to the 2008 version. But it will be a close comparison.

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
The raceblades came free with the 2007 model. I wasn't expecting them as they did say the 2008 version comes without mudguards. SKS top of the range blades for this bike are expensive, so it was a pleasant surprise not to have to buy them.

Otto

Looks good, I have the 2007 model with the big hinge in the frame..they are great for comuting...the wheelson mine shed spokes like a snake shds his skin though

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
Tynan said:
blimey, looks like a real bike, what size wheels?

26" x 1.3"

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
From a folder perspective my train company only requires that it folds in half. I will be in trouble if they change their policy to only allowing Bromton sized bikes.

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
Sig SilverPrinter said:
Looks good.
Are you a fan of bear in the big blue house

No, we inherited the two little mites from a schoolfriend of my son's who obviously was. Lovely with chips. ;)

upsidedown

Waiting for the great leap forward
Looks great, i've been thinking of one for my train commute, was looking at the 8 speed Alfine.

Stupid question, do the bars stick out when you've done a quick fold ? None of the website photos show the bars, i was wondering if they were hiding them on purpose.

OP
OP
ChrisKH

ChrisKH

Guru
upsidedown said:
Looks great, i've been thinking of one for my train commute, was looking at the 8 speed Alfine.

Stupid question, do the bars stick out when you've done a quick fold ? None of the website photos show the bars, i was wondering if they were hiding them on purpose.

Yes they do; in theory you are meant to loosen the stem and either twist the bars to align with the bike, or take them off. In practice, my rail company only want you to show the bike folds at the gate. On many occasions (with other bikes) I have unfolded once I get on the platform/train, if there is plenty of room in the bike carriage (one every four carriages). Only at peak times out of London is there a problem for me, so I can afford to move from my Brompton to this full sized folder even if the fold is only partial.

Top Bottom