New Crosser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Here it is fresh out the box on saturday;

[ATTACH=full]179452[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]179453[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]179456[/ATTACH]

Purchased through our Uni cyclescheme; all-rounder intended use, hence the compact chainset....better value than any big-name brand, exceptional service.
Out yesterday, flies up hills, nice acceleration, need more time to get a feel for the drops and shifters- first 'road bike' Ive used for 5 years....

Attachments

• 11cdz6e.jpg
    11cdz6e.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 42
  • uswp4.jpg
    uswp4.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 196vjb.jpg
    196vjb.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 11cdz6e.jpg
    11cdz6e.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 1
  • uswp4.jpg
    uswp4.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 196vjb.jpg
    196vjb.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 1

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Nice one Gary!

You do realise that you're gonna have to race it now don't you?

OP
OP
GaryA

GaryA

Subversive Sage
dan_bo said:
Nice one Gary!

You do realise that you're gonna have to race it now don't you?

Too old for that caper I'm afraid Dan- although It will be put to serious x-country use as well as road work (with a change of tyres naturally)
I couldnt justify a pure road bike but this feels just right for one of my regular jaunts up the C2C to consett and back....
Surprised to find it was sub 10kg according to my bathroom scales with pedals, lights etc on yesterday and I've heard those x-wing carbon forks I chose are the business.
Dont know a great deal about crossers so will be pestering you lot about mod/riding tips when I find my feet.:rofl:

OP
OP
GaryA

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Crackle said:
Nice, exceedingly nice. Is that frame the right size for you Gary, seats up good and high?

That was a bit high in the photos about an inch lower now, its 58cm and I'm 6'2" it feels fine, the seatpost on my MTB's are a lot longer. Arguably could have gone for 60cm but all things being equal smaller frame will be marginally stiffer and lighter. Top tube reach is the key factor; I may have to play about with a shorter/longer stem but from first impressions its not far out. :biggrin:

Cheers all for favourable comments its my first new bike in 6 years being poor n' all ;)

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Great looking Bike .

Sizing is more complex than I realized.I was very lucky that the shop changed my new road bike after I had used it a bit.I found the very high seatpost on a shorter frame really uncomfortable. Now on a bigger frame with longer reach but as the seat and bars are closer to the same height it is way more comfortable.

A friend of mine is looking for a cyclocross bike for similar use to yours.Can you post a link to where you got it?

OP
OP
GaryA

GaryA

Subversive Sage
Banjo said:
Great looking Bike .

Sizing is more complex than I realized.I was very lucky that the shop changed my new road bike after I had used it a bit.I found the very high seatpost on a shorter frame really uncomfortable. Now on a bigger frame with longer reach but as the seat and bars are closer to the same height it is way more comfortable.

A friend of mine is looking for a cyclocross bike for similar use to yours.Can you post a link to where you got it?

Sure;

http://www.paulmilnescycles.com/

I bought direct from the shop/builder- they have a excellent reputation.
They do a budget model similar to mine but with alloy forks and sora shifters for about £390 which is simply unbeatable....
...and of course in buying from them your supporting British workers :smile:

Top Bottom