New Definition for the verb "to toy"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Related verb "to scalp"

To toy = to be completely unable to overtake the cyclist in front of you, no matter how much you want to, due to having used all your energy reserves 2 days previously in the relentless, and ultimately unrewarding attempt to climb Toy's Hill. usage: I was completely toyed by a guy in Cervelo kit on the way home from work today.

Are you mixing up Active and Passive forms of the verb here? From the way you put it, Cervélo Guy was the person who climbed Toy's Hill and then couldn't scalp you. Or did you mean it the other way around? :evil:

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Are you mixing up Active and Passive forms of the verb here? From the way you put it, Cervélo Guy was the person who climbed Toy's Hill and then couldn't scalp you. Or did you mean it the other way around? :evil:

No other way round. I'm used to catching people on my way home, today nothing left in the legs whatsoever. I just had to watch him disappear into traffic :sad:

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
I think you're just suffering from Post Toymatic Stress.

Very possibly. I'm starting to get concerned that it's becoming a psychological block. For crying out loud it's only a 50 mile route and there's only two climbs of any note on it and yet it kills me every time I do it.

Top Bottom