New E-bike shop, Glasgow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slick

Guru
The price is pretty much spot on for an equipped Bosch bike from a quality maker.

There are other similar open frame Bosch bikes, but it would be a nonsense to say a Cube or Trek is better - or worse - than a Bergamont.

Similar style and spec bikes from any maker will ride in a similar way.

It comes down to rider preference and method of purchase.

There's a lot to be said for buying from a local shop, same as buying a push bike.

I don't know your local market, but shops with a good selection of quality ebikes are thin on the ground, so another make might involve buying online or a long journey to view.

I've always liked Gazelle bikes, and if you want a Dutch style bike, why not buy a Dutch bike?

But the ride won't be vastly different to the Bergamont.

For what it's worth, Cycle Heaven in York keep a good selection of Gazelles, and they are decent folk to deal with.

Their main shop is fairly impressive and has a cafe, so if not quite a day out, it's certainly a good few hours out.

https://www.cycle-heaven.co.uk/products/bikes/by-type/electric-bikes?brand[0]=gazelle&performance=0&recreation=0&utility=0#bikes
That's all good to know. Thanks for your input, most helpful. :thumbsup:

theloafer

Legendary Member
Do you reckon at 2K, the Bergamont is worthwhile or is there something else I could be looking at?

I test rode a Bergamont great bike but then I test rode a Haibike again an other great bike ...a little bit more dosh but it comes with rack-mudguards and integrated lighting :okay: so nothing to add bloody love mine ...g/f loves hers also
https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/Haibike-Electric-Bikes/Haibike-sDuro-Trekking-7.0-2018

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
I test rode a Bergamont great bike but then I test rode a Haibike again an other great bike ...a little bit more dosh but it comes with rack-mudguards and integrated lighting :okay: so nothing to add bloody love mine ...g/f loves hers also
https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/Haibike-Electric-Bikes/Haibike-sDuro-Trekking-7.0-2018
Nice choice sir. I think the Bergamont comes with the same rack, guards and lights so I'm assuming the additional cost is down to upgraded motor and battery. I think she is happy with her choice and after our holiday on Saturday, I think we will be investing in one.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
He was a but vague on the re sale value and battery life etc other than it was capable of up to 900 charges
Well, if a charge gives you about 40 miles this means the battery is good for around 36,000 miles.
That would be about 9 years for me.
I'm sure that long before the battery expires I'd want a new bike anyway :girl:

Slick

Guru
Well, if a charge gives you about 40 miles this means the battery is good for around 36,000 miles.
Yeah, you and Mrs Slick both, and long before the battery gets anywhere near the end of its working life. In fact, I'll be surprised if I get to change the tyres on it, if past performance is anything to go by. :laugh:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member

The ticking of the clock also degrades the battery, particularly if it is left unused.

Some of the cheap Chinese batteries become unusable after two or three years.

Batteries for the likes of Bosch and Yamaha systems seem to last longer.

For example, the 2012 battery I used when we rode together is still going strong.

Slick

Guru
It took a bit longer than anticipated, but here is a picture of Mrs Slick trying not to smile with glee as she picked up her new ebike earlier today.

20180512_164445.jpg

Slick

Guru
Hope she's enjoys her new bike, I'm loving mine.
We took a couple for a test run earlier in the week and she loved it. There's quite a steep hill where we live that had in the past been enough to put her off going in that direction, so I dropped her off at the bottom and watched with a touch of envy as she blasted up it with ease. I'm sure she is going to love her new machine as well.

Top Bottom