New E-bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nebulous

Guru
I've just bought an e-bike for my wife. Main use is on holiday. She has arthritis and copes okay on the flat, but struggles with hills. We are generally limited to towpaths, lakes and old railway lines, so this should open up our horizons a bit.

Because of limited use I didn't want to go for a £2000 bike. I fancied the UCL- 30 because of the electric lights and more importantly the adjustable stem, to give an upright position and take the pressure off her wrists.

Anyway Halfords 20% off and another 10% from British Cycling made the decision a lot easier. No payment made, so I hope the 10% goes through okay when we collect it.

steve50

Disenchanted Member
Looks the business, i hope she has many happy hours on it.

DEFENDER01

Über Member
Looks like excellent value for the price.:smile:
I am sure your wife will find it so much easier and make cycling a pleasure.
Does this one have twist grip as well as pdelec
I never use the pedlec mode i find it much easier just to twist and go as and when i need. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
N

Nebulous

Guru
Looks like excellent value for the price.:smile:
I am sure your wife will find it so much easier and make cycling a pleasure.
Does this one have twist grip as well as pdelec
I never use the pedlec mode i find it much easier just to twist and go as and when i need. :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure it doesn't have a twist grip. Looking forward to it arriving it now and getting out for a trial.

AnneW

Über Member
Looks great, Nebulous. I'm loving my e bike and I'm sure your wife will feel the same.

Look forward to hearing how she gets on.

OP
OP
N

Nebulous

Guru
Well - we've got it, only had a couple of short rides so far, but hope to get out for a longer ride today. The payment has tracked on Quidco, so expecting to get another £25 off. We've also got this. Going away for 3 weeks to Spain and France at the end of September with dog, so hope to get quite a few miles in then.

DEFENDER01

Über Member
Well - we've got it, only had a couple of short rides so far, but hope to get out for a longer ride today. The payment has tracked on Quidco, so expecting to get another £25 off. We've also got this. Going away for 3 weeks to Spain and France at the end of September with dog, so hope to get quite a few miles in then.
Like the pet dog trailer.
:okay:

Last edited:
Top Bottom