New Feature - Exclude forums from New Posts and Daily Posts

Shaun

Founder
I've installed a new feature that allows you to exclude forums from the New Posts and Daily Posts lists.

This doesn't effect the main Search feature of the forum, but if you regularly check for new posts and you want to restrict the results to a range of preferred forums, you can now exclude the ones you don't want to see.

To exclude forums, go to your profile options page, scroll down to the bottom, and select the forums from the list (don't forget to save the changes!):

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions

(Note: Now this feature is installed I've put the Politics and Life forum back into the main search results.)

Cheers,
Shaun

yello

Nifty! Works for me, cheers :ohmy:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Seems good to me. I doubt genuine newbies will be using 'new posts' anyway, and the newbies who head straight to P+L, well, we know who he is!

zimzum42

Legendary Member
When you are just a guest, not a signed up member, can you see P+L? seems to me that a genuine newbie would browse before signing up to post, so if you block P+L from guests, you would stop this thing about people being scared off, even though i reckon that is bunkum....

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
zimzum42 said:
When you are just a guest, not a signed up member, can you see P+L? seems to me that a genuine newbie would browse before signing up to post, so if you block P+L from guests, you would stop this thing about people being scared off, even though i reckon that is bunkum....

I don't think people were being scared off, it was just that for those who wanted to view cycling related topics only it was impossible for them to filter-out Cafe, P&L, etc.

Hopefully the control offered by the new feature will mean that people can exercise their own personal choice of what to exclude, rather than have it dictated to them by moi. :rofl:

Cheers,
Shaun :rolleyes:

zimzum42

Legendary Member
Admin said:
I don't think people were being scared off, it was just that for those who wanted to view cycling related topics only it was impossible for them to filter-out Cafe, P&L, etc.

Hopefully the control offered by the new feature will mean that people can exercise their own personal choice of what to exclude, rather than have it dictated to them by moi. :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:
Indeed. I think this is probably the best possible solution. Nice one!

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Frustruck said:
Works for me too, ta! It keeps the lid on the toxic waste pit that is P&L...

We didn't want you there anyway... :smile:

Top Bottom