New fella…looking at a Tern, Verge X11….thoughts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sail

Besides being really expensive….:wacko:

Hello all, new guy checking in.
I’ve had many bikes over the years and presently ride a giant ToughRoad 29er.

I’m in the market for a top quality folder, ordered a Brompton and returned it, nice bike but just not what I was expecting so I’m looking at the Verge X11. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with one or even an opinion about it.

thanks for the feedback

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Hello and welcome to the forum!

I am sure someone will be able to answer your query in the various relevant parts of this site, but it is not I.

Incidentally, I love my Brompton, but that's not much use, sorry! :blush::angel:

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Brompton....nice bike but just not what I was expecting
what were you expecting?

as long as you have the wedge and you are not commuting on a crowded UK train with it, which seems unlikely with your location, then seems like a good choice. V different to a Brompton, way bigger wheels, will ride more like a "big" bike, lousy fold in comparison, but still enables you to sling it in a car boot / caravan/ canal boat / confined space of your choosing.

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
The Tern fold isn't lousy. It does the job very well, and a folded 451 wheeled scoot is easy enough to stash on a crowded train, as well I know first hand.

It's just Brompton fold is so light years ahead of anything else it makes even quite capable rivals folds seem primitive.

Mind you that impression reverses when you actually ride them.

Chris S

Legendary Member
:welcome: You might get more help if you post your question in the Folding Bikes section.

Last edited:

icowden

Veteran
I’m looking at the Verge X11. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with one or even an opinion about it.
I own a Tern Joe P27 which is the biggest Tern. The pros are the stability and the speed of fold. The hinge needs to be looked after as the securing pin can break (don't let Evans near it). It's much faster to fold than a Brommie, but it doesn't fold as small - you can't stick it under your desk. The Joe is fairly heavy too - but it's effectively a folding mountain bike less the suspension. Personally I love the Tern.

Top Bottom