New Fixie finished.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MePower

Evening all, just finished this 1978 Pug today, converted to fixed. 501 tubing, dura ace crank and post, alex rims, blackwell bars/stem, miche flip flop running 17 and 18 teeth, rolls saddle. Bike is powder coated in pearlescent gray matt, with itm aero forks. Its a very frisky ride, especially on 18c rubino pro tyres. Chain tensioner i made out of an old campag double ring spanner which works a treat! I will intro myself in the cafe at a later date as i have been a stalker to this cracking site for a few weeks now. Cheers all!

That is very nice.

dudi

that looks very nice indeed. good work!

Looks like you've got horizontal dropouts with a chain tug... is this the ring spanner? could we get a close up on that as I've been looking for a tug for horizontal dropouts for ages now.

cheers! and welcome!

OP
OP
MePower

MePower

Managed to get a pic this morning. Spanner is bent so that it has a flatish end so you can drill and cut the threads for a 5mm hex bolt. The spanner also acts as a 2mm spacer as my spacing is 126mm. Job done! I`ve tried a few tensioners on the market but there is nothing really available for forward facing dropouts, which you dont end up butchering anyway! Thanks for the welcome folks!

GrahamG

Guru
Thanks for posting a photo of that - I'm very tempted to find a metal shop and get a load made up in stainless. Hmmmm, I reckon there'd be loads of folk interested in these.....

Tharg2007

Veteran
thing is though the bolt will mark the paint on the frame, would be better if you also had a sickle shaped bit of metal that you could line with rubber then the bolt would press against this instead.
3027550890_59181b7945_m.jpg

OP
OP
MePower

MePower

Yeah, i did think of that, maybe some kind of plastic cap that could fit over the threaded end of the bolt would do, but surely anything you use would eventualy crush the paint and make it flake as the pressure is quite a lot

Tharg2007

Veteran
yea thought about this too, paint should be ok if you cover the curved area with some rubber and as the surface area would spread the overall pressure the rubber and paint should stay intact.

Top Bottom