New forum software update

mangaman

Admin said:
I've installed the Tapatalk client on the new forums, which one of the beta testers has tried with their iPhone and it seems to work okay. It works on a few other mobile platforms too.

I wasn't keen to install it here when I was asked a while ago, however it seems robust enough now so will be added to the final production install of the new forums.

For those who don't have access to Tapatalk, the new forum software will also auto-detect some mobile platforms and use a minimal / functional theme that makes it easier to use on phones (although you have to swap it back when you login with your PC ... :biggrin:).

Cheers,
Shaun :sad:

It certainly works beautifully with my Android system - much better than the old software. (But of course Android is far superior than i-phones so I can't talk for them :smile:)

zimzum42

Legendary Member
blackberry support?

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
zimzum42 said:
blackberry support?

Not sure, but check your PMs and if you don't mind, give it a test drive with your Blackberry and let us know ... :ohmy:

jonesy

Guru
Admin said:

For those who don't have access to Tapatalk, the new forum software will also auto-detect some mobile platforms and use a minimal / functional theme that makes it easier to use on phones (although you have to swap it back when you login with your PC ... :angry:).

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

Excelllent, assuming Windows Mobile is supported, that means I will be able to make more productive time of my commute! :ohmy::biggrin:

OvertheHill

Über Member
Trying to login with TapaTalk and it won't let me - even though I'm using the correct username and password. Is it me or is there a prob at the moment?

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
OvertheHill said:
Trying to login with TapaTalk and it won't let me - even though I'm using the correct username and password. Is it me or is there a prob at the moment?

It's locked down for non-beta testers as it isn't ready for general review yet. There are still further updates to do and the custom CC theme to develop, apply, test, and firm-up.

I'm hoping by the end of this month or early next month I will be able to open it up for everyone to test. :biggrin:

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Shanks

:wacko: Ah that explains it then. I even changed my password to see if I had made an error with it:blush: Looking forward to it opening up on Tapatalk.
Cheers

mangaman

It's worked great for me from my Windows mobile phone.

Much better than the traditional site - I think people will be impressed

Krypton

Is all this still going ahead?

When will we get to see it?

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
Admin said:
I'm hoping by the end of this month or early next month I will be able to open it up for everyone to test. :sad:

This is still the plan.

The custom theme developer will be starting work on the new-look CC site skin shortly, so once that's complete and I've had the chance to reinstall and test the very latest version of the software, I should be able to give you all access to have a play with it. :thumbsup:

I'll post more info nearer the time.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom