New HP Ultrabook keeps having blue screen crashes.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Twice a day on average but it's only three months old. This is what it told me just now:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: fe
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000000000006
BCP3: 0000000000000005
BCP4: FFFFFA8009B8C000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\081713-7909-01.dmp
C:\Users\ben-r\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-62962-0.sysdata.xml
Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Any idea what any of this means? Is it about to die on me?

Acyclo

Veteran
First check the system memory using Memtest 86+ or equivalent. Memory goes faulty relatively frequently.
If the test has cycled completely with no errors check for updated drivers for the chipset, network and video card drivers. Also check for a BIOS update.

Kies

HP.com/support and enter your model number etc. It will give you a list of any BIOS firmware upgrades.
But I would check memory first. If your handy with a torx driver, I would open her up and swap the memory dimms , just to see if that makes a difference and you will have reseated them in the process

Does it come up with any information if you click on the event in the event viewer and submit it?
Right click Computer and select manage then in the window that pops up expand event viewer then windows logs then
click on system logs and go back to the red flagged event at the time the bsod occurred and double click it then click on event online help then yes in the box that pops up and it should open a Microsoft help page.
The bccode suggests driver issues.

JoeyB

Go on, tilt your head!
Yup probably a driver issue. If we could get a copy of that minidump file that would help locate the faulty driver. If you have DropBox whack it in the public folder and send us a link.

Top Bottom