New logo - looks good but...

Danny

Legendary Member
I really like the look of the new logo at the top of the page, but could it be reduced in size a little?

It rather dominates the screen each time you open up a new thread.

Shaun

Founder
It's only a few pixels taller than the previous one, but I'll have a fiddle about with it and see if I can't make it a bit more compact.

I've also noticed I've missed re-doing some of the table headers and notification / navigation panels too, so I'll sort those when I get chance.

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

Brains

Legendary Member
On a small laptop the logo and header and half the 1st post now fill the entire screen, so any reduction in height would be good.

Lots of spare space on the sides though, can things be moved there ?

Shaun

Founder
Brains said:
On a small laptop the logo and header and half the 1st post now fill the entire screen, so any reduction in height would be good.

Lots of spare space on the sides though, can things be moved there ?

If you're not already using it, try the 100% width style - bottom left drop-down.

Cheers,
Shaun :tongue:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Admin said:
If you're not already using it, try the 100% width style - bottom left drop-down.

Cheers,
Shaun :tongue:
I just tried that but very wide posts look weird to me. Also - short posts still end up just as deep because the avatar and accompanying member info. text still have to be fitted in at the side.

How about 2 options for the logo/title size - large (as it is), or medium (about 1/2 the depth)? I'd also suggest an option to not display the logo bar at all. In fact, how about an ultra-slimmed down version of CC for people who are using tiny notebooks and smartphones (I'm not yet but one day I will be)?

PS I like the new look too.

Shaun

Founder
ColinJ said:
I just tried that but very wide posts look weird to me. Also - short posts still end up just as deep because the avatar and accompanying member info. text still have to be fitted in at the side.

How about 2 options for the logo/title size - large (as it is), or medium (about 1/2 the depth)? I'd also suggest an option to not display the logo bar at all. In fact, how about an ultra-slimmed down version of CC for people who are using tiny notebooks and smartphones (I'm not yet but one day I will be)?

PS I like the new look too.

Useful suggestions - I'll add them to my to-do list for later and see what I can come up with.

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

I agree with the comments about the size of the header logo taking up quite a lot of room. Is it possible that once you have entered the forums from the homepage, the logo could be replaced by something that isn't as big?

mr Mag00

rising member
i think we should a diff logo for each section as done by chris? on another thread in here somewhere cannot be bothered to look tbh :biggrin:

how do i keep the 100% style when i close down?

Shaun

Founder
mr Mag00 said:
i think we should a diff logo for each section as done by chris? on another thread in here somewhere cannot be bothered to look tbh :wacko:

how do i keep the 100% style when i close down?

A per-forum header would require too much customisation of the templates, so it's unlikely to happen, sorry.

The page style should stick automatically and become your default style when you login/out.

If it isn't sticking, go to the FAQ, search for cookie, follow the link for deleting your cookie, and then log back in again. This will reset your cookie and the style you chose should then stick properly.

Cheers,
Shaun :laugh:

Shaun

Founder
I've reduced the size of the header images and also reduced the white-space above and below them, so it should be around 18 pixels shorter than previously.

I tried with much smaller logos, but they simply didn't work.

I'll have a go a creating a minimalist template later on.

Cheers,
Shaun :biggrin:

Top Bottom