new member from lincolnshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark 1

Hello all. my name is Mark, I live in Lincolnshire (North East Lincolnshire to be precise).
I have cycled on various bikes over the years, a couple of years ago I acquired an old Raleigh road bike, so that is what I am currently using.
I cycle to work and back most days to give myself a bit of exercise, save on petrol and also reduce my carbon footprint. I have just notched up a half century, the cycling/exercise gives me an excuse to keep eating a 'normal' diet, otherwise my wife would probably ban cheese from the house.. however, the main reason I cycle is that i ENJOY it!
when i can - weekends and evenings in the summer, I get out and about mostly in the Lincolnshire wolds in the area between Laceby, Louth and Market Rasen, occasionally venturing further afield e.g. lincoln. the wolds has some excellent rides with very low traffic volumes.
I am planning a trip to York and back this summer (2011). Does anyone have any experience and/or tips for good routes between the Humber bridge and York? I prefer to stay on roads (as opposed to off-road tracks etc), but ideally those with little or no traffic.
If the York trip goes OK, I have an idea in my head that I would like to do Lands End to John O'groats in 2012.....

Keep on peddling
Mark

TVC

Hello and welcome Mark.

There is a large York and Humber contingent around here, including the great one who owns this place, so someone should be able to help you route to York. Can I suggest you ask the question again in 'Touring and Expedition', you're more likely to get a quick answer in there.

Enjoy

Jim

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Hi & welcome

There are two traffic free type routes you might take - cycle up to Beverley (this may also have bits of various NCN roues too) then follow Route 66 of the NCN to Yrk it is a nice route. favourite of a few on here particuarly the stops for cakes etc.

Alternatively you could reverse the part of the route used for FNRTC last year see link... less cakes stops though
http://macnet.org.uk/test/fnrttc_York-Cleethorpes.pdf

There are a fair few members form Lincolnshire on here who often 'brave' the North Bank too...:biggrin:

You never know you may pre-empt a 'forum ride' :ohmy:

TVC

OK, so I was wrong (not for the first time)
blush.gif

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Welcome Mark, some lovely countryside around Louth and there's always plenty of flat in Lincolnshire if you want to take it easy!

Keep cycling as a house without cheese is not a home!

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Hi Mark and welcome from a fellow Yellowbelly, although I live just over the Great Wall in North Lincolnshire.

If you ever fancy a (laid back) ride around over the great divide, let me know and I'll slow you down accompany you. Who knows, we may be able to attract other CC'ers too. (Although I try not to let them know how good the cycling is around our neck of the woods as they would only clog up the lanes :biggrin: ).

Top Bottom