New member Nottingham

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

foshan

Hi all,
Just brought myself a bike to keep fit after stopping the gym due to a recurring shoulder injury. Going out to use it for the first time at Carsington water on Sunday. Not ridden one for just over 20 years so wish me luck.:rolleyes:

jugglingphil

Good luck and welcome.

There is lots of good cycling around Nottingham

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Good Luck. Enjoy the bike and let us know how you are getting on.

And by the way
wave.gif

OP
OP
F

foshan

Went to Carsington Water as arranged yesterday. And like i said not ridden a bike for over 20 years. I used a road bike

that i bought off of Ebay a Claud Butler Chinook. This was definately the wrong type of bike for the circuit as the tyres were slipping off the stones and i got very saddle sore :sad: although it was great fun and i really enjoyed it as also did the wife.

She was sensible though and purchased a mountain bike.

I think i need to purhase a mountain bike now for these type of outings but i will keep the Claud Butler for the road.

Also my gears were clicking a bit while i was riding the bike, do they need adjusting and if so is it quite easy to do.

gary in derby

Welcome foshan from sunny Derby, love carsington water. I to have just started cycling again after a very long break. Sure you will have a great time on here the guys are great.

Top Bottom