Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scrappy

Regular
Hi all, my name is Dave and from N.Wales, I’ve had a quick look through the forum and you all seem a jolly helpful bunch so I thought I’d join.

I’m 29 next week and I had a few mountain bikes in my teens but I sold my last one for petrol money when I got a driving licence and that was the end of my cycling :laugh:

I’m looking to get back into cycling for fun and to get some exercise.

Lurcher

Regular
Hi ,
Welcome I am a newbie too having joined a few days ago , just got my bike ( after selling last one 11 yrs ago ) , mainly for fitness and enjoyment .
You a Scooby owner ?

Julian

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Regular
That’s good to hear, how are you finding it after all that time? I am half dreading starting again :laugh:

I do indeed own a Scooby

Lurcher

Regular
Decided on a Hybrid , mostly going to be using gentle trails/cycle paths/roads and after research/ looking around went for the Trek range , a Trek 8.2 DS sem to fit me well when I tried it out .
Only got it last week end and been out on it twice ( locally ) just to get used to gears ( only for about 15 mins each time ) , planning a longer ride tomorrow( on a cycle trail ) , need to get a bit more confident afore take to busy roads .
Had a Bug eye , son had a Classic & Sti and now has a Spec C import .

Julian

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Regular
Good luck, I hope you enjoy it, we have certainly got the weather for it today!. I’m sure your confidence will grow with the miles.

My Scooby is a classic STI type R, I blew the engine and only recently had it back after a full rebuild and some toys, its currently running approx 450bhp :wacko: , not a cheap hobby which is another reason to take up cycling as a hobby :laugh:

Francesca

Hiya Dave:welcome:

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Regular
Thanks :smile:, you are correct skudupnorth it is a P1 shape. The scooby i have is a Type R, which is a 3 door shell like a P1 but slightly different bumpers etc. I'll have to get a pic of it on here next to my new bike. I'm surprised the scooby has attracted attention on here.

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Regular
It’s funny you should mention the roads, I was only just looking through the forum and seeing the cyclecam videos etc and it made me realise how nice it is here, no horrible busy city traffic to negotiate.
I just need to find some quiet roads to make a nice cycle route.

I don’t fancy sharing the busier back roads with the loony drivers because as you pointed out, they are also used by people who enjoy driving enthusiastically :laugh:

Top Bottom