New menu item: Support CC

Shaun

Founder
As part of the revenue generation plan, I have now added a new menu item to the navigation bar.

Two of the options are enabled, one is still in development:
  • Donate - Allows you to donate whatever you want, whenever you want to.
  • Account Extras - Allows you to subscribe to extra features for your account such as larger PM mailbox, bigger avatar and profile pic, set yourself to invisible, etc. (follow the menu link for full list).
  • CC Shop - Not enabled yet as it's still a work in progress, but the general idea is that it will link to cycling related items and CC will get a small commission from whatever you buy. I'm not asking anyone to go out of their way to buy through CC, but if there's a link to something you're already going to buy then you could consider using the CC Shop and helping us out.
There are also Google Ads for guests, so all in all a pretty non-intrusive revenue generation system that will hopefully help to keep the CC coffers topped up.

Of course, the best contribution anyone can make is to keep visiting CC and posting - the more variety we have the better. :smile:

NOTES:
  • The ad-revenue, extras subs, and shop commissions will all go into the main business operating account, however the donations will be specifically ring-fenced for server / software costs.
  • I've manually customised a few people's user titles in the past, but this will stop now because the feature is part of the account extras. Those who already have them will keep them.

OP
OP
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I've now enabled the CC Shop link.

This is a page of affiliate links. The links net CycleChat a small commission when you buy things through them.

If you are planning on buying anything from any of the sites features on the CC Shop page, then please consider using our links (your items will cost the same - there's no penalty for using our links).

For anyone who does use our shop links, thanks a lot.

Cheers,
Shaun :tongue:

Top Bottom