New Road cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dunclane

Regular
Hi All,

Another new member incoming!
I've been a mountain bike rider for many years but that dropped off due to two young kids, work etc etc.

I've been training at the gym and peloton at home and doing some rides with my son on his new MTB, he's 9 now and is just getting into it, but I've always fancied doing some long rides on the road on my own and with others.

I've just bought a new to me Boardman 8.9 carbon bike and looking to get out there and get some miles in.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-07-12 at 18.57.25.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-07-12 at 18.57.25.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 3

Gillstay

Über Member
Good luck and make sure your son gets a good bike as well, then he can enjoy it fully.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
welcome to CC :smile:
Boardman`s are cracking bikes you will have loads of fun miles , i am biased as i have 2 and a member of of cycle club is the buyer for a certain company who deals with them .I saw him riding a pre production model of that bike .
If your son gets into riding and wants a road bike there are plenty of junior road bikes knocking about and always loads on ebay etc if you dont want to spend a load,

OP
OP
dunclane

dunclane

Regular
Good luck and make sure your son gets a good bike as well, then he can enjoy it fully.

Thanks! I bought him a Vitus Nucleus Youth which he's loving.

f5i6i512.jpg

UphillSlowly

Making my way slowly uphill
Thanks, I'm based near Stourbridge in the W.Mids. I went out for my maiden voyage last night and managed 16.5 miles in 1hr 21m which I didn't think was too bad. Top speed 28mph!

Legs are ok today and bum isn't too sore!

Drop me a message if you want to meet up and go up a few hills in Clent. I live in Harborne, just 10ish miles away (when I am not being a dad taxi)

Top Bottom