New Spontaneous Purchase

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

QUIK

Regular
Purchased a Hybrid road bike last week, but always fancied getting back into some light MTB trails this spring/summer. I'm in my mid 40's but not done one for at least 20yrs.

Anyway I got an email and just ordered this: https://vitusbikes.com/collections/sentier/products/vitus-sentier-29-vr-mountain-bike

Its got good reviews so just went for it, another £150 would have got me on an entry model Mythique but this seems a good starting, rebuild confidence and skills bike.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Nice bike - nothing to dislike there; I rekindled my MTB activity a few years back on a hardtail 29er and I still use it now despite having a 27.5er full-sus; horses for courses and a hard-tail 29er will take you most places you'll want to go.

mustang1

Guru
Nice looking bike you have there. I have a Voodoo Bizango as my first (and only) recent MTB (all previous MTBs were disposed of years ago).

I've learned i no longer want to go in super-mud (mud where I always have to put my foot down due to losing balance).

OP
OP
Q

QUIK

Regular
Not that I plan to do so anytime soon, but whats the max level of trails these can be taken on, Blue?

Or is it simply down to the competency of the rider.

weareHKR

Nooooo.... it's all modern, it'll break in half if you run over a cigarette paper! :laugh::laugh:
Only joking, it's a cracking bike, love the 29er's - That's also my favourite colour as well, Nardo Grey! :becool:
When do you actually get hold of it?

figbat

Slippery scientist
This. A skilled rider can take any bike down most trails. I'd be confident taking something like that down any trail with no drop-offs or big jumps - the dropper-post is a nice feature that will help - but then I am pretty confident on my bike in most situations and have tackled stuff on it that my full-sus riding mates have ducked out of.

OP
OP
Q

QUIK

Regular
Nooooo.... it's all modern, it'll break in half if you run over a cigarette paper! :laugh::laugh:
Only joking, it's a cracking bike, love the 29er's - That's also my favourite colour as well, Nardo Grey! :becool:
When do you actually get hold of it?
Placed order today, awaiting dispatch email.

OP
OP
Q

QUIK

Regular
Not really a hands on guy but hoping install is straight forward.

Also do I leave the front fork air setting as is, or do I need to some device to change it to my body weight of 81lbs.

Whole lot of new kit to buy, helmet, gloves, lock etc.... more excited about this bike than the GIANT Escape hybrid I got coming on Friday .

weareHKR

Not really a hands on guy but hoping install is straight forward.
Should be straight forward... :okay:
Also do I leave the front fork air setting as is, or do I need to some device to change it to my body weight of 81lbs.
I'd leave it as is for the time being until you get a feel for it, in meantime, you can also learn about your bike on youtube or similar media!
Whole lot of new kit to buy, helmet, gloves, lock etc.... more excited about this bike than the GIANT Escape hybrid I got coming on Friday .
An exciting time indeed... About the lock, please don't get one from Poundland...:stop: I don't believe any of them are theft-proof, please do some research on quality locks.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not that I plan to do so anytime soon, but whats the max level of trails these can be taken on, Blue?

Black you pussy ! Trail Centres, deffo. Not downhill or bike parks - I'd be checking rider ability - not that you'd get me doing a black at Antur Stiniog.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you sit on your bike with backpack and what you usually carry then check the sag on the fork - 20-30% is what you adjust pressure to. Shock pumps are £15-£20

Top Bottom