New ss project...I hope

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NotFabian

EACC
I'm awaiting arrival of old steel frame(reynolds (531??) tubing), a freebie from a neighbour, I'm hoping to build a low budget SS for fun and commute, my query is...I have a Fulcrum wheelset from my 10speed roadie which i was hoping to make use of, it has a campy freehub, I've read its better to use a dedicated sprocket with spacers as opposed to a disassembled cassette with spacers.

Can this be done? I've very limited ability but have help, Is it true about the dedicated sprocket?

Please help...

wave.gif

Ibbots

Probably better with a single speed sprocket as they are wider on the base. I've only ever used Shimano hubs so do not know if they'll be any compatibility problem with the splines on a campy hub. Have a look Charlie the Bikemonger's website for useful advice on building a single speed and parts...

http://www.charliethebikemonger.com/faqs-4-w.asp

Have a look at SHELDON BROWN too. I'd posted this last night but don't know why it's not appeared?

[EDIT] now I know why, you've started two threads on the same topic haven't you? The other one titled, "Campag freehub coverted to singlespeed?"

That's the one I replied to last night :rolleyes:

Thought I was imagining things for a moment :biggrin:

OP
OP
NotFabian

NotFabian

EACC
yeah I did,
rolleyes.gif
I wondered what the activity was like on the special interest forum so covered my bases in case there wasnt a lot of members looking that way.
I appreciate your help smoo.
thumbsup.png

Top Bottom