New to the Site, Hi everyone, Cycling to get fit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi there everyone

First time on the site, stated cycling couple of months ago to loose weight, lost about 2 stone through cycling and 5 stone altogether, started off with one mtb now i have a hybrid as well as cycling 60 miles on road using a mtb can be a pain in the ass, literaly!, do about 150 miles a week just now and love it, anyone else out there cycling to get fit:becool:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Most people....welcome.

I got back into bike commuting a year ago, lost 2.5 stone, and now back to my fitness levels when I was racing, 10 years ago.... only problem, you'll need new clothes, including cycling kit - what was once comfy, is now like a sail.....

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
You will become fitter than a butchers dog doing 150 miles a week. Yes I cycling mainly to keep fit and to get out into the beautiful countryside where I live.

porridge

Tryiing to get fit 76 said:
Hi there everyone

First time on the site, stated cycling couple of months ago to loose weight, lost about 2 stone through cycling and 5 stone altogether, started off with one mtb now i have a hybrid as well as cycling 60 miles on road using a mtb can be a pain in the ass, literaly!, do about 150 miles a week just now and love it, anyone else out there cycling to get fit:becool:

Hi

Im VERY new to all this, im also hoping to get fit and lose weight, with the added bonus of saving money on petrol, mind you I spending a fortune at the moment with the cost of the bike and all the accessories needed ;)

Im skint- but I must keep my long term goals in mind, lose weight, get fit and save cash.

Cycling around 110 miles a week - every little helps

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I wnt from being 10 an half stone, to 9an half stone in less then a year. Never started it to get fit really, i did it just because i liked it, and wanted to go out on my folder which i just bought.
Still doing it because i wont to go faster and further. Doing about 250miles a week, sometimes more, sometimes less, depends on the weather and how bothered i can be:wacko:

OP
OP
Tryiing to get fit 76
Thanks folks its good to hear that cycling will eventualy get me superfit, i feel pretty fit, but after a not to good marrige, a BAD marrige break up, i need to sort myself out again!

Maz

Guru
I found that the weight just dropped off when I started commuting on my bike. Now, years later, the weight is back on...I guess my body got 'bored' with the routine of exercise and just got used to it. It has, however, increased my level of stamina and general fitness no-end.

...and welcome to the forum TTGF76!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Hi & Welcome.
Took up cycling 2 years ago to lose weight and get fit.
Have lost 2 stone, have a commute of 13 miles each way, with a 40 miler most saturdays. And most of all I am enjoying all that cycling.

Elgin eh? We did a couple of gigs in Elgin a few months ago, we did the high school one day and in the park on the Saturday. Lovely part of the world, your man in the bike dept of Halfords was really very helpful.

What do you have to do to get into the Motor Museum? It was closed every time I tried.

postman

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear about the marraige breakup.Went through it myself in 86-87.Took up cycling during that time.Kept me sane.And over the years given me new pals,great visits and years and years of fun and enjoyment.At one stage i had my own works team.We were together for ten years raising funds for various orgs.So keep it up and enjoy it.

Madcyclist

Hi there, you have my sympathy I'm in exactly the same position having split from the wife after 20 years. I've lost 5 stone so far this year although none at all since i started cycling again 8 weeks ago, until this week, lost a further 6lbs due to severe IBS, which not surprisingly has kept me off the bike for the past 6 days. Missing it already !!

Top Bottom