New wheelset!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossala

Guru
Took ages for me to build these up with shipping times and then faulty spokes being sent. Finished at last. 1422g for the pair.
xdnuzp6r6xb41.jpg

Nice bike.
As a matter of interest, how were the spokes faulty?

They are cx-ray aero spokes and one was "flattened" in the wrong direction.
View attachment 501333
That's funny, I've never seen one like that but if you've seen the manufacturing process, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often. J-bend spokes are one of the most difficult materials for automated machinery to handle.

Edit: By "Funny" I mean funny - ha ha. Not funny, I have never seen that before therefore it doesn't exist, funny.

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Is that 1422g for just the wheels, including the axles/QR skewers?
I'd better not tell you what I weighed a pair of steel 700c hybrid wheels at today, as they probably weigh nearly as much as your whole TT bike with tyres on!

OP
OP
fossala

fossala

Guru
Is that 1422g for just the wheels, including the axles/QR skewers?
I'd better not tell you what I weighed a pair of steel 700c hybrid wheels at today, as they probably weigh nearly as much as your whole TT bike with tyres on!
1422g including rear bolts but not the front skewer. I know you can get lighter road wheels but track wheels are heavy. The bike weighs 7.2kg, not too bad for an aero build. I could get that down to the magical 6.8kg by putting on a set of carbon bullhorn/aero bars I have but they aren't as comfortable.

Top Bottom