New Zealand Tour Rental

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris__P

Hey

I'm going out to New Zealand for a 6-week tour this summer. I think the best way for me to do it is probably going to be a rental bike. Has anyone any recomendations? I've been looking at a company called Natural High. Anyone had any experience with them or any other rentals in NZ?

Chris

mazza

i went to newzealand and used natural high and found the good the bike was very reliable i hired it for about five weeks without even a puncture and i covered thousand miles the price wasnt to bad either

OP
OP
C

chris__P

yeah im going april 12th for 6 weeks so its their autumn really. i couldnt really go any earlier. i dont want to take a bike all that way as the flights are booked, and i dont have a touring bike anyway. so i'm either going to rent or buy one out there nd then sell it again at the end.

mazza out of interest, what bike did you use?

Duds

take time to get off the bike and do some of the walks / tramps, particularly in the South Island.
Routeburn is excellent 3 day walk. Less busy than the Milford. (used to be, anyway)

also, canoe the Abel Tasman coastline for a few days. (north end of South Island)
dirt cheap, camping on the beaches - no roads - wonderful

Top Bottom