Newbie after advice on what to buy.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hongkonguk

Mr Pig said:
I understand. They want to maintain a steady supply of patients?

[drum fx]Badum tish![/drum fx] ;)

Not this time. As I couldn't wait until friday I took it home boxed and assembled it myself! :angry:

hongkonguk

Well the GT Aggressor XC3 must have been a good bike. After 3 days it was stolen from my workplace. The cycle area is in a section of busy car park, patrolled regularly by security and my bike was chained up properly. Nobody saw a thing, apparently.

Luckily it was insured so I should get a replacement soon. But it doesn't stop you feeling gutted. :laugh:

Trumpettom001

I've got the GT XC3£ - I bought it boxed, so spent a couple minutes setting it up - I love it to pieces.... the only thing I didn't like was the seat - considering I have a reallylyy bony buttocks, it's not too comfortable for me... but an easy thing to swap anyway... GT all the way I think.....

vmasenas

Trumpettom001 said:
I've got the GT XC3£ - I bought it boxed, so spent a couple minutes setting it up - I love it to pieces.... the only thing I didn't like was the seat - considering I have a reallylyy bony buttocks, it's not too comfortable for me... but an easy thing to swap anyway... GT all the way I think.....

i had one same 2 years ago , realy enjoying bike.

OP
OP
Brainache

Brainache

Off to pick it up in the morning and then off for a 12 mile round trip to the old mans, can't wait. . . . not to see the old man mind, see him all the time!

OP
OP
Brainache

Brainache

Just finished my 12 mile trip and I love the bike. Just goes to show how enjoyable a ride can be with the right size frame and easy to use gears. Only fault I can find (and it's a very small one) is the seat. I'm either out of practice or it's no padding what-so-ever as my arse is throbbing!

Pleased with my purchase though, thanks for the advice folks.

Mr Pig

Good stuff :0)

It takes time to get used to any seat. As long as you ride often your butt will soon toughen up. If you find that the seat still hurts after a few months it might not be the right shape for you, just try another seat. I've changed the seat on every bike I've had.

Top Bottom