Newbie- communting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Hey everyone šŸ¤—

First of all, sorry for the whole ā€œnewbieā€ post, Iā€™m sure you get them a lot. I have been stalking to forums awhile.

I really want to get fit, I decided to start commuting to work (itā€™s 9 miles- which seems crazy for me but some of you guys do 20+ šŸ˜°)

Iā€™ve done research and I think an e bike will really help me (there are some very hilly areas) I was just wondering how far you all commute? Do any e bike owners find it a lot easier compared to a bog standard bike? How much time do you give yourself for getting into work?

All replies and knowledge will be greatly appreciated šŸ¤—

I do about ten miles round trip per day, 50 miles a week. Very easy by some folk here:okay:. Lucky to use long cyclepath, downhill in mornings, uphill in evenings.

G3CWI

Veteran
downhill in mornings, uphill in evenings.
When I was a student studying in Leicester I managed to find a route in and a different route out that both appeared to be largely downhill. I never did figure out how that worked.

When I was a student studying in Leicester I managed to find a route in and a different route out that both appeared to be largely downhill. I never did figure out how that worked.

Did you follow my map?
1571057481610.jpeg

Truth

Boardman Hybrid Team 2016 , Boardman Hybrid Comp
Hey everyone šŸ¤—

First of all, sorry for the whole ā€œnewbieā€ post, Iā€™m sure you get them a lot. I have been stalking to forums awhile.

I really want to get fit, I decided to start commuting to work (itā€™s 9 miles- which seems crazy for me but some of you guys do 20+ šŸ˜°)

Iā€™ve done research and I think an e bike will really help me (there are some very hilly areas) I was just wondering how far you all commute? Do any e bike owners find it a lot easier compared to a bog standard bike? How much time do you give yourself for getting into work?

All replies and knowledge will be greatly appreciated šŸ¤—

Good on you !
Drop the E bike idea and just take it steady , as other have said , no point busting a gut and then beginning to dread the commute in . Try and enjoy it ^_^
I had to pack in football 8 years ago now and decided I was going to try and commute into work (23 mile round route , quite hilly , luckily we have a shower at work) once a week and do a lot more jogging . Now I commute on the bike three times a week on average , have cut down on the jogging and actually quiet enjoy it now .
I am going to take this opportunity to thank the Cyclechat community for all of their advice through the years :okay: , stick with this lot and you will be fine mate.
Good luck :smile:

Top Bottom