Newbie question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CraigLyon

Hi all

Having just started cycling I was wondering if anyone could recommend any specific training methods to help increase fitness and eventually join a club with a view to partaking in time trials.

I'm 29 years old and depending on work commitments I am currently cycling around 3 times a week (around 30 miles in total). My usual route includes a few inclines which certainly helps to get the heart pumping ! however is there a preferred method regarding how to train. For instance, is it better to build stamina prior to focusing on simply "going faster" ?

Thanks in advance

Craig

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Thats a good maintenance regime for the winter.. what are you proposing to do now its warmer?

Martyn

Hi Craig, keep at it mate, it does get easier! I started cycling more last yr, about 45 ml a week, since jan 1st I promised myself to do 100 a week this year, still going ok, lost nearly two stone this yr. I don't have any special bike, just my old mountain bike, but I have had to replace a few things!, Cheers, Mart.

Helly79

I have built my cycling up slowly over the year now I can do 50 miles or so in a day, I do commuter to work as well which helps. At the weekend I like to find some different inclines to do but being in norwich it quite hard lol

Try and increase mileage by about ten percent each week.

Maybe try and find yourself an organised event to train up for?

Top Bottom