Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sydneys

Morning!

I've just joined the forum because I've decided to get back into road and off-road biking - after about 15 years! So I'm not really up to speed with what's good in the world of bikes and just wondered if anyone could recommend a good bike for, well, basically a beginner. I'm not worried about other kit - that's all taken care of. It's just the bike itself that I'm wondering about.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Many thanks
S

:welcome:
Others will advice you better than me.
I just took my Tourino I got 4 years ago and regeared it to something that I could actual ride up hills, lowest was 30 on the front 26 on the back I currently have a 26 front and 28 rear though I can put a 32 on if I know I am going to be doing some big hills for me, but round here there are none, there are some short steep climbs that I can manage and getting better.
My highest gear is 48 front and 13 back, which is more than enough for me at the mo.
I just did a segment on strava with an avg of 21mph (two weeks ago it was 17.2), my first recorded at that speed over nearly a mile on a flat section. Though I think the wind this morning played apart.
Good luck getting the right bike.

Top Bottom