Newby. Just wanted to say Hello

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Welsh Deano

Looking at July at present though not concrete yet as may get rest of family over on ferry and travel south after Paris. The hotel I have been looking at in Dieppe is Etap Hotel - saw a CTC recommendation for it. But let me know which hotel you used for Dieppe and let me know when you are going as nice to share a drink with a kindred spirit.

I had a look at Le Cygne and like the look of it but need to refresh my French - was always great with the written in French but spoken was awful but I now have the incentive :-)

cheers
Jim
Hi Jim,
The Etap Hotel was the one we stayed in... no problems, clean, modern... and they're prepared for the middle of the night arrivals with either a person at reception or at worst they issue you with an access code for the main entrance.
Le Cygne is perfect... both location and value.
One massive word of warning!!! When you leave the port of Dieppe when arriving, you have to cross a metal deck bridge to get into Dieppe centre / harbour area. Don 't ask me to explain the physics of it, but for some reason it's almost impossible to cycle over this bridge without falling off, so get off and walk... seriously! Look at any blogs / forums re this route and without exception this bridge gets a mention. If the Germans had tried to enter France via this route during the war the occupation would never have taken place!
Maybe July for me too so that pint's possibly on the cards.
Keep in touch re your plans and get back to me if you want any more pointers.
Cheers,
Dean

Hiya :hello:

OP
OP
A

Andy Wright

Cheers for all the Hello's and useful help. Now have the bikes and have now started training. Be it not much but the i'm on the right track. Will keep you posted. It's not until September so plenty of training to get in.

OP
OP
A

Andy Wright

Hi Mr & Mrs Andy! Great to hear you're doing the London to Paris trip! I've done it twice... two years ago with a friend and last year with 5 others, but on both occasions we sorted everything (ferry / hotel / route etc). Great times... so much that my wife is joining me this year to do it again.
Are you going it 'alone' or are you on an organised trip? If going it alone, let me know and I'll give you some pointers that might help.
Hope to hear from you.
Dean
Hi Dean,
Sorry bout the late reply. We are going for an organised trip through 'Discover adventure' it's a fully supported outing. How did you find it? For us it's going to be 80 miles per day for 3 days and 60 miles on the last.

Top Bottom