Newby....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

twigg627

Hi all. Just a quick intro, Ive just sold my road bike with the intention of buying a cyclocross bike. Wrong time of the year I know! Plan is to take part in some competition, starting with a cheap(ish) bike and seeing how things go. Any other advice is welcome....be kind....

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Hello. Welcome to the forum. :welcome: . Someone is bound to be along soon who can help you with you're questions.

Spartak

Powered by M&M's
Hi all. Just a quick intro, Ive just sold my road bike with the intention of buying a cyclocross bike. Wrong time of the year I know! Plan is to take part in some competition, starting with a cheap(ish) bike and seeing how things go. Any other advice is welcome....be kind....

Nearly the end of the 'winter' season so you might grab a bargain soon !

IMHO it's the friendliest form of cycle sport with everyone having fun !

But it is tough - an hour of hard graft & most of it spent in the 'red' if you use a HRM !!

The 'summer' season starts in May & is a lot more relaxed plus sometimes drier & not SOOOO muddy.

Hope that helps ........ ENJOY !!!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Currently perusing CX bikes for similar blowing out the @rse next season, not selling my road bike, nope N+1 . Only limit is C2W of £1k, so it will be working as commuter as well.

Currently perusing CX bikes for similar blowing out the @rse next season, not selling my road bike, nope N+1 . Only limit is C2W of £1k, so it will be working as commuter as well.
plenty of choice at that price band, enjoy.

oldroadman

Veteran
A brilliant 60 minute workout, get used to being in or near the red for the full time. If it doesn't hurt most of the time, go faster. It's also (if you do it well) a good skills developer, bike handling, bunny hops, on/off has been mentioned. Even "falling off without too much damage" technique will improve. Fitter, faster, better skills, what's not to like - enjoy!

Top Bottom