NFC (Near Field Comm) Enables Helmets to Store and Share Health Data

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
Built in accelerometer could be useful for new helmet design ?
I don’t wear a plastic hat but if I did I wouldn’t want even the remote possibility of a battery and sharp edged PCB being pushed into my skull.

D

Deleted member 26715

Age 16 you turn up to the newly formed medical unit, you have an implant in your shoulder/arm/neck/beck I don't care where but the same place for everybody. All emergency services have a reader, if when scanned you don't show up on the system they walk away. Unless they are Police at which time you get disappeared.

Something even more useful to mankind will be a recording of the deceased last words. My guess is that they'll all resemble a seagull's squawk nanoseconds before it hits the cliff, that anthropogenic faaaaark sound.

tom73

Guru
More kit to go wrong and more machine that go’s ping care. Even traders with real life shop have issues with contactless payments. Never mind at the road side or middle of muddy field with no network good look to anyone getting it to work.

It’s basic stuff to look for id , any medi alert stuff. Even with the now fag packet certificate providers it will be covered knowing what to do with with it is another matter. Anyone in prehospital care It’s drummed into you over and over even my junior members some as young as 5 understood the need to look out for stuff and act on it.

A and E and even ambo‘s once they have your id a quick look on system one now brings up basic medical info. Out on the bike I carry a one life card in my bottle tube labelled so others know to look. Also registered on one life site so soon look me if they need. IPhone also has ice and medical info all set up too.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
They'll look for pendant or bracelet. If it's really obvious they might (and the police will, but that may take time) look for an ICE type app on a smartphone. The medicos might loom through your wallet once you've got as far as Hossy because of the risk of complaints of sticky fingers, but if you need to impart critical life saving information that might well be too late. An example is Warfarin users who tend to carry a card in their wallet, but by the time they've got into your wallet you may be sat on a cloud, wearing wings and playing a harp.

For that very reason, when I was on Warfarin, child 1 who used to be a nurse, insisted I wore a bracelet all the time, as well as carrying the card.

Top Bottom