NHS Waste

• Thread starter Deleted member 26715
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

Shame really as it's a fantastic institution but as I think somebody said earlier there is a disconnect from the people doing the work to the money being spent, but I don't think making each individual bit a cost centre is the answer.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
The new bowel testing kit was brill. No more scraping 3 messy samples on bits of card - all you have is a sample bottle and a screw in mini bog brush. My all clear came 5 days later.

I think the advance warning is because the lettering on the main parcel might frighten some people who were not expecting it.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 26715

The new bowel testing kit was brill. No more scraping 3 messy samples on bits of card - all you have is a sample bottle and a screw in mini bog brush. My all clear came 5 days later.

I think the advance warning is because the lettering on the main parcel might frighten some people who were not expecting it.
This is my first time, the last time 5 years ago was a camera, although I did think they told me at that time the stick was only for after 65, but I may have been wrong.

classic33

Leg End Member
Reducing DNAs is a KPI for most trusts.
Doesn't help when the person who you're there to see doesn't turn up themselves. Waiting, along with everyone else they were expected to be seeing is annoying. Some had their ambulance transport rearranged twice, which has to added to the cost.

They were seeing their private patients, at a nearby private hospital, but never thought to tell anyone. Not a one-off event either.

The fact that those booking patients in have limited access to records(Makes things easier), rather than having their own staff handling appointments doesn't help.

Top Bottom