nice morning ride @ Oxfordshire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike-L

Trying to get fit enough for the Ox->Camb for charidee next month.

*Glorious* morning to see North Oxfordshire countryside. Got leg cramp half way round so stopped for 15. The cramp came back, but manageable - it slowed me down a bit though. Spun out a couple of times (GPS missed top speed of 40mph). Ave speed (not including the break) 16.8mph. Cut the original 40 miler idea back and despite the cars the road home was a dream - downhill with the wind behind me. So, the return to road biking is good, need to get endurance back!
GPS track

rsb62rsb

Keep going!

I went out on Sunday and got drenched in Banbury!!

OP
OP
mike-L

mike-L

Another one today. Went round Oxford using rural roads only. Took 62 miles to do it!
South of Oxford its a nightmare - you just can't avoid traffic so I think I'll stay away in future.

However, job done.
Around Oxford in 60 miles

On the road out from Little Haseley I caught up to a group ride - about 15 folks - possibly CTC - mostly in hi viz jackets. Nice bunch but I wasa going for a decent average so I didn't stop to chat. If any of you are on the forum and remember me grinding past you get in touch - would be good to do some social cycling.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Trying to get fit enough for the Ox->Camb for charidee next month.

No need. Judging by your GPS tracks and your declared average you're fit enough already. We had a 12mph average on local runs, with a maximum (once) of 45 miles. We did Ox-Cam (90 miles) a couple of years ago at an average of 14mph. It's a lovely ride. We set off at about 7:15am on a cold, crisp day, so we had the advantage of Otmoor in the mist (very atmospheric), the hilly bits in the cool (a relief) and the open savannahs of Beds and Cambs in the sun. It was warm enough when we arrived in Cambridge (boo, hiss) for a couple of pints sitting in the sun, and we arrived back in Oxford early enough for a curry by the river.

OP
OP
mike-L

mike-L

Yeh, did it in this topic - damp and windy but a fantastic day.

No need. Judging by your GPS tracks and your declared average you're fit enough already. We had a 12mph average on local runs, with a maximum (once) of 45 miles. We did Ox-Cam (90 miles) a couple of years ago at an average of 14mph. It's a lovely ride. We set off at about 7:15am on a cold, crisp day, so we had the advantage of Otmoor in the mist (very atmospheric), the hilly bits in the cool (a relief) and the open savannahs of Beds and Cambs in the sun. It was warm enough when we arrived in Cambridge (boo, hiss) for a couple of pints sitting in the sun, and we arrived back in Oxford early enough for a curry by the river.

Top Bottom