night riding

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darth vadar

Über Member
Aldi still have some powerful cree torches in stock with adjustable beam for £11.99, and Lidl are selling a similar torch for £7.99 from next Monday.

Obviously, you will need to find a way of fitting them to your handlebars, but universal adaptors are readily available.

£14.99 for those lights a thread or two back though look to be great value though for the price.

inkd

I went out in car today :blush: and saw some cyclists with front lights on and I thought even if I don't brave it into the I could use them for bad weather :rain: so I've ordered 2. I also ordered from Amazon four 18650 4900 maH batteries to go with them. So now just wait until they arrive and I can get started in New Year. :bicycle:

Paul
How much did you pay for the batteries? is that with a charger?
Am going to order these on monday as have to wait and see what Birthday money i get on sunday (40:eek:)
I have got to get a few essentials before i can start my night commute to work Lights,mudguards,waterproof bottoms, rucksack and a warm longsleeved baselayer.

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
How much did you pay for the batteries? is that with a charger?

I paid £18.99 on Amazon but that is with a double charger and 4 batteries. I looked on e-bay but some of the Asian sellers looked a bit iffy judging by the feedback.

Paul

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
Lights arrived today:bravo: . I only ordered them yesterday afternoon. No batteries as of yet:cry: but I think I've got a spare 18650 kicking about to try one of them. Oh and the lights come with a free rear light too.:thumbsup:

Paul

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
I'm also looking for a light I can fix to my helmet. Any recommendations? Also need some reflective trimming for my gear as it's not hi vis.

Thanks
Paul

Ern1e

Über Member
I'm also looking for a light I can fix to my helmet. Any recommendations? Also need some reflective trimming for my gear as it's not hi vis
Paul
try one of these
ITEM NUMBER 250979307913 on ebay sorry not sure how to do a link (not that clever) all I did was pop it on the helmet and use a couple of shoe laces to help keep it in place for the money not bad at all IMO, plus it comes in handy for other jobs lol.

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
Cree Cycle lights work great. Two lights should give plenty of light for night time rides. I bought a Ron Hill Vizion safety bib so I should be seen ok now.

Paul

lavoisier

Winter is Coming!
well ive just bought them so hope they ok.:rolleyes:

I hope you didn't do what I did.
The advert states that it is for a cycle light although the picture shows two. So I ordered what I thought was two lights and ended up with four!:blush:

It doesn't really matter because I'm going to use one as a helmet light and also have a spare.

Paul

inkd

I hope you didn't do what I did.
The advert states that it is for a cycle light although the picture shows two. So I ordered what I thought was two lights and ended up with four!:blush:

It doesn't really matter because I'm going to use one as a helmet light and also have a spare.

Paul
No just the two i hope, on checkout said 1 so hope thats one pack of two.
I couldnt find the 18650 charger and batts on amazon, Loads of dodgey ones on ebay. Im was after a uk plug fitted rather than an plug adapter, have you read this http://www.torchythebatteryboy.com/p/dangers-of-ultrafire-18650-batteries.html Rather offputting on the ebay ones.

Top Bottom