No Bicycles Allowed Trails Closed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
I've been coming to this trail network for several years now and I've never seen one sign saying it's off limits. I've met plenty of trail riders who have been riding these trails for many more years than I. So, about a month ago I come out to do a ride and see these new signs up stating the trails are now off limits to bicycles. I put the bike back in the car and do a hike instead and during that hike I ran into walkers with dogs ignoring the new trail signs saying no dogs allowed. I've been coming here to hike because I really enjoy the hills and plus it's only a couple of minutes from work. On every hike to date I have run into multiple walkers with dogs. I did talk to a rider who lives right next to this trail network, and he stated that he and his friends still come out and ride the trails. I do really miss these trails, but I'll hike for now because my riding season comes to an end by Thanksgiving because work gets crazy during Christmas. I'll re-visit the idea of riding these trails again after winter, because my winter riding is over in another trail network that gets groomed

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMNw_6TTi_I

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Is there an explanation for the changes?

Wikipedia article said:
In England and Wales, a footpath, bridleway or restricted byway may be expressly dedicated by the owner as a public right of way. Furthermore, unchallenged use by the public, as of right, for at least 20 years, may give rise to a presumption of dedication under Section 31 of the Highways Act 1980. A presumption of dedication may arise under common law after any appropriate period of time, by way of a presumed deed that has been lost; known as the doctrine of "modern lost grant". Paths created by express dedication since 1949 are not automatically maintainable at the public expense as a result of s.49 National Parks and Access to the Countryside Act 1949.
Do you have anything like this in your local/state/federal laws?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Well, quite. You'll understand my confusion...

classic33

Leg End Member
Doesn't that breach your rights under the 14th Amendment?
"No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States"

Top Bottom