No Longer Flat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all,

It took me a while but I finally bought the parts to convert my flat bar sirrus to a dropped bar bike, the actual conversion process turned out to be quicker.
Parts
2936211348_feccd59180.jpg

Dropped
2935358287_8b041f7ef5.jpg

2935361573_b8ee399793.jpg

Nice good job

But you need to turn the handle bars so they are flat.

potnoodle

Likes bikes and cars.
looks good to me. What did you have to change to swap over to drop bars.

Have a Sirrus Comp myself and was thinking of doing the same thing.

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
potnoodle said:

The pictures are blocked for me now I'm at work but if I recall right I bought: drops (£17), stem (£21), sti's (Sora £99), bar tape (£11) and electrical tape. Laterrally I bought two little wheel things to lengthen the pull or something of the brake cables, (they were £3 each from a lbs).

Although not needed for the conversion a while back I had fitted a new stem, wheels and tyres too.

potnoodle

Likes bikes and cars.
does look good. What wheels have you put on there and what model Sirrus is your bike?

OP
OP
HLaB

HLaB

Marie Attoinette Fan
potnoodle said:

Oh I forgot to say I also got inline cable adjusters for the gears and brakes. The first set (for the gears) cost about £5 I also got a set from a lbs for free for the brakes. The latter proved to be extremely useful; I can adjust the pads to get good braking and loosen the cable slightly so I can unship the brakes and remove the wheel.

potnoodle

Likes bikes and cars.
I see a bike in a shop the other day which had dual brakes on its dropped down bars.

Was very cool. One set of small levers for when riding upright and another set for when you use the drop part of the pars.

Was on a £1600 plus bike

Top Bottom