no wonder bikes get nicked…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
was at aldi in macc today and, on my way out, saw a couple of road cyclists ride into the car park. as i returned the trolley to get my quid back, i noticed that they'd gone in and left the bikes completely unlocked.

the front one looked like a full carbon giant, not some old audax machine.

now i know folk (myself included) routinely leave bikes unlocked on a club run at a remote café, but outside an aldi in the middle of a town?

i hope they didn't come back to find themselves walking home :smile:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
They probably have no comeback insurance wise if it gets nicked, and the police wont be interested if they look at cctv and see them just walk in. :smile:

Maz

Guru
I think I must be paranoid about losing my bike. We did a circuit of about 20 miles locally and always locked my bike at various watering holes. No one else bothered :smile:. Mind you, I use mine to get to work whereas they were 'leisure' cyclists.

Noodley

I always leave my bike unlocked outside shops when I ride audax events.
Despite it not being 'some old audax machine' :smile:

PaulB

Legendary Member
oxbob said:
Amazing stupidity, even on a remote cake/pub stop one of of us stay's outside with the bike's

What do they teach the young 'uns in school these days?

Keith Oates

Janner
alecstilleyedye said:
was at aldi in macc today and, on my way out, saw a couple of road cyclists ride into the car park. as i returned the trolley to get my quid back, i noticed that they'd gone in and left the bikes completely unlocked.

the front one looked like a full carbon giant, not some old audax machine.

now i know folk (myself included) routinely leave bikes unlocked on a club run at a remote café, but outside an aldi in the middle of a town?

i hope they didn't come back to find themselves walking home :biggrin:

You mean you didn't notice the Mercedes with blackened windows, that followed them in and parked three bays away from the bike.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NickM

Veteran
PaulB said:
What do they teach the young 'uns in school these days?
Not punctuation, apparently... :biggrin:

Top Bottom