noisy tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bugslop

I've just bought a ridgeback horizon for a winter/works bike. It's running on Alex 18 rims clad with conty ultra race 25c tyres, which i find quite noisy. In the garage i've aquired a new set of conty grand prix four seasons 23c. Would i find these less noisy and will they fit on the same rim.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Nothing better than the shhhhhhhooooosh of tyres.......

Conti GP 4 season's aren't that noisy as they are a hard wearing all season lightweight.... and have harder side walls.....they don't sound anything as good as Mich Pro Race though, but 5 months on with the 4 seasons commuting every day, I'm impressed by their ability for a light tyre.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
fossyant said:
Nothing better than the shhhhhhhooooosh of tyres.......

Conti GP 4 season's aren't that noisy as they are a hard wearing all season lightweight.... and have harder side walls.....they don't sound anything as good as Mich Pro Race though, but 5 months on with the 4 seasons commuting every day, I'm impressed by their ability for a light tyre.

i find it slashing quite easily on the rear, but apart from that, a great tyre!

Check your pressures - I run Veloflex's which give a nice tinny sound when fully pumped up but a sticky sound when less inflated.

The 23's will fit on your rim - they're probably 24-25 if you actually measure them.

Top Bottom