Norta from Belgium.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
20120907_170152norta1.jpg

Recently acquired this Norta, made in Belgium. Can't find out much about this marque but seems like a nice bike. Does anyone have any info about them? Should think it's probably mid eighties. Gears are Triplex and chainset Stronglight. Any background gratefully received.

raindog

er.....
looks the business that does

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
are there any date stamps on the hubs and or brake calipers to start of with

There is nothing there. The only I thing I was going on is the type of the Triplex derailleurs. Plus chromed forks were out by 1990 I think. No numbers on the frame either.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
There is nothing there. The only I thing I was going on is the type of the Triplex derailleurs. Plus chromed forks were out by 1990 I think. No numbers on the frame either.
normally most hubs i have seen from the 70's & 80's have 2 sets of digits one set being month or week and 2nd set is month number .

and normally date circle on back face of brake caliper bodies

looks nice , does it ride nice

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
No sign of any date stamps anywhere. Only '500' on the back of the brakes. It is nice to ride but a bit heavier than my Dawes. No tubing sticker so can't id that. But I am very happy with it, not bad for £35. Just be interesting to know more about the marque.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Thanks very much for the info Dayvo. It seems that they made premium bikes. We have all sorts of unfamiliar brands down here. They ship them in containers from europe and the US. You never know what you will find.

Top Bottom