NTU Product Design Cycle Questionnaire

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

minimagpie

Hi all,

My name is Jamie Green and I am 19 and currently studying Product Design at Nottingham Trent University. We have been set a brief to design a new bicycle storage and security system to be aimed at the home market. This brief has been set by the university but is being designed for Cyclepods LTD. The winner of this brief will get the product made so i am very keen to gather background research on how people secure their bikes at the moment.

Please take a moment to quickly look at the Cyclepods brand at the like here - http://www.cyclepods.co.uk to familiarise yourself with the cyclepods brand before you take the questionnaire.

Thankyou to all that choose to take part in the questionnaire and i am greatful for the time you have taken.

Cyclepods is a company that has taken a different approach to the design and functionality of bicycle storage. Their flagship model of the brand, the cyclepod, has been designed with security and design in mind. This has two separate anchor points to which the bike can be secured with a lock and is positioned vertically.

This questionnaire has been put together to gather background research of how cyclists commonly think about their bicycles. This information that is collected will then be used to help to design a new bicycle storage solution to be aimed at the household market.

Questions - Please answer as accurately as possible

1) Have you used/heard of one of the products form the cyclepod range before and what did you think to the over all design and use?

[ ] Easy to use [ ] Difficult to use [ ] New/Fresh design [ ] Bad/Ugly design [ ] Not heard

2) Would you leave you bike unattended but secured on a normal street ?

[ ] Yes [ ] No

3) Would you leave your bike unattended, but secured in one of the cyclepods?

[ ] Yes [ ] No

4) On a scale of 1-10 how much do you care about the security of your bike?

[ ] 1 [ ] 2 [ ] 3 [ ] 4 [ ] 5 [ ] 6 [ ] 7 [ ] 8 [ ] 9 [ ]10

5) How much have you spent on your bike with accessories?

[ ] £0 - £300 [ ] £300 - £700 [ ] £700 - £1500 [ ] £1500 - £2000 [ ] £2000+

6) How much have you spent on the security of your bike?

[ ] £0 - £10 [ ] £10 - £20 [ ] £20 - £30 [ ] £30 - £40 [ ] £50 - £100 [ ] £100+

7) How many bikes do you have to store in your accommodation?

[ ] 1 [ ] 2 [ ] 3 [ ] 4 [ ] 5+

8) Where do you store your bike at home when it is not in use?

[ ] In your accommodation [ ] Secured outdoors [ ] Secured in outdoor building

9) Where would you like to store your bike if you had an alternate option?

[ ] In your accommodation [ ] Secured outdoors [ ] Secured in outdoor building

10) Would you wall mount your bike indoors if it saved space in your house?

[ ] Yes [ ] No

11) Have you ever had a bike stolen?

[ ] Yes [ ] No

Thankyou to all that participated. If anyone has any quieries then please don't hesitate to contact me.

Jamie Green

E-mial - minimagpie91@btinternet.com

Mobile - 07891432688

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Why have you got your questionnaire in two forums?

To make things easier for yourself why not use an online survey tool like Surveymonkey. It will do all of the collating for you.

Top Bottom