numb feet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vimes

Regular
hi all
i get numb feet after about 10 miles so a work m8 suggested it could be my footwear as i was wearing thin soled trainers so i have now got some lake cycleing shoes but just tryed them on a 15miler and still got numb feet at about 10miles
any ideas?
regards
lee

PhilSY16

hi all
i get numb feet after about 10 miles so a work m8 suggested it could be my footwear as i was wearing thin soled trainers so i have now got some lake cycleing shoes but just tryed them on a 15miler and still got numb feet at about 10miles
any ideas?
regards
lee

Just been looking into this myself....... did 72 miles on the road bike at the weekend, and apart from numbness around my perineum which probably means I need to look at a new saddle or at least fiddle more with the position, I also had numb toes.......

Apparently, it can be caused by your cleats in the wrong position (I'm assuming you are wearing clipless?) and moving the cleats back and thus your foot forward, can improve things greatly.... I've yet to try it but will do so later this evening...... I'll let you know how I get on
smile.gif

Globalti

Legendary Member
Read up on the web about Specialized Body Geometry footbeds. They're brilliant. Try before you buy though.

OP
OP
V

vimes

Regular
hi
the shoes can be used for strapless but i havent got the pedals just cages and the straps seem loose i was thinking that i may adjust the saddle up a bit
regards
lee

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Either the straps are too tight, or your feet are in the wrong position on the pedals. This can be because the saddle is wrongly postioned. Try the straps first though.

Top Bottom