Numb Hands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l4dva

Guru
Hi guys,

Lately my left hand is getting more and more numb when out riding. The right hand dose a bit as well but its mainly the left.

Is there anything I can do to overcome this? It gets too a point here i don't feel confident handling the bike as my hands are so numb. I've been riding for a number of years now and this happens occasionally but never to this extent.

Anyone else experienced this? I'd welcome your suggestions.

Thanks!

Are you sitting too far away from the handlebars?

By stretching out with straight arms you will notice every bump and hole in the road, but if you have slightly bent elbows they will act like shock absorbers.

Otherwise try using gloves/mitts with gel in the palms/thumb areas or get padded grips for the ends of your handlebars.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I actually get hand pain when i sit to far forward.
Basically as you move the saddle forward youy increase the weight on your hands as you alter the balance point / centre of gravity .
I know this because people at my club were raving that i was to high and about 2 cm behind KOPs so i altered mu fit and had numb hands so i will be going back to my old tried and tested settings that were just as fast but comfortable.
http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/fitting.htm

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Edit if its only your left have you got a "trapped " nerve?
I had to have physio as i had carpel tunnel like symptoms but it turns out i had a poor posture and could feel pain below the shoulder blade ( refereed pain) from higher up.

Top Bottom