number of announcements

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bman

Guru
Admin said:
This is an announcement to let you all know there are currently a large number of announcements.

I'll post a further announcement once the number of announcements have gone down.

Once there are no longer any announcements, I will post a new announcement to let you all know.

If you feel we need a further announcement about this, let me know and I will post an additional announcement.

Cheers,
Shaun ;)

lol reminded me of this :

00036405.jpg

yello

stones2.jpg

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I have to say that there are currently an irritatingly large number of unnecessary announcements - does every new discount have to be headlined?

Shaun

Founder
Flying_Monkey said:
... does every new discount have to be headlined?

Yes.

The companies are good enough to offer CC members a discount, so the least I can do is make as many people aware of it as possible.

The discount ones are only set to display for a week, and the funding one will end in a couple of days so they should clear-down to just two announcements within the week.

Cheers,
Shaun :laugh:

PS. I can post an announcement to tell everyone this if you want? ;)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Admin said:
Yes.

The companies are good enough to offer CC members a discount, so the least I can do is make as many people aware of it as possible.

The discount ones are only set to display for a week, and the funding one will end in a couple of days so they should clear-down to just two announcements within the week.

Cheers,
Shaun :smile:

PS. I can post an announcement to tell everyone this if you want? :smile:

AAAAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH!

(thanks, Shaun)

thomas

the tank engine
Flying_Monkey said:
I have to say that there are currently an irritatingly large number of unnecessary announcements - does every new discount have to be headlined?

+1...My whole screen it taken up with them. There is a discounts forum for discounts. I don't mind them all being there, but it would be nice to hide them after I've viewed them, or for them to be more forum specific (eg, the helmet camera one only shows in the helmet camera forum...and I suppose possibly commuting)

Shaun

Founder
Most of the time we don't have any announcements at all, so just think of it as an announcement blip.

Besides, when they all disappear it'll re-affirm how good it is not to have too many global announcements at once. ;)

I know it can be a bit annoying when you're in and out of a number of the forums all day long, but you've got to remember that a lot of people only drop in to CC occasionally, and it's for this reason I leave them up for a few days.

How about I compromise and set the discount ones to five days so they finish earlier?

Cheers,
Shaun :becool:

Top Bottom