Oakley Jawbone Sunglasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Frames very strong and the nose swivel makes frame replacement very easy.

Vented lenses good at preventing fogging up and provide a little fresh air for the eyes.

Original lenses are excellent.

I use VL lenses for replacements as they are cheaper. Not quite the quality of Oakley originals but the polarisation is good and they fit the frames well. Importing anything costing £15 or more should incur VAT and an £8 Royal Mail handling fee but they seem to get through without a bill.:smile:

I have also just bought some fake Jawbones. Some marks in the plastic but overall they are very good and you would have to be an expert to spot the difference.

The cheap lenses are just that - pretty awful.

If you want to upgrade the lenses then watch out for the fit. Fake Jawbones are made to fit the cheap replica lenses so the real lenses (inc proper fitting replacements like VL) may not fit into the frames without some filing down.

Watch out on eBay - a lot of claimed genuine glasses are not so. The easy way is to look at the vented lenes -the bottom two vents are more or less symetrical and the inner top vent has a concave slant.

GentlyBenevolent

Can you give any more detail on VL replacement lenses? Example link?

I have an old pair of oakleys (10+ years) that have been very scratch resistant and don't have a mark on the lenses. As a treat me 'n her got some new ones and both have already have some tiny scratches in. I'm not impressed at how the lenses seem to be far softer than the old pair, and I'm having trouble finding replacement lenses - one of the pairs seems to be a rare-ish colour. Tried two local shops that are supposed to be "authorized dealers" and neither have come back to me with a price. The prices I've found online make it an expensive punt as to whether they're genuine or the right ones.

Schmilliemoo

Wax on, wax off...
Love my oakleys. They don't move about on your head. I also rode thru road works with dust everywhere and none got in my eyes. Mine are ladies Juliet razor :smile:

Top Bottom