Obesity

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
<snip>
An hour is the time it took me to turn half a swede, most of a bag of carrots, a head of celery, 2 onions, into 1cm dice and get it in a pan. I think my knife skills are reasonable, but it took an hour. It is a big pan of soup. Most people don't want to do this.
<snip>
And there lies the problem (or one of them). People not making time to cook.

A person that doesn't make time to cook is prioritising convenience over nutrition. Fine occasionally, but not as a lifestyle.
And if there's no time to cook, then maybe no time for exercise either?

The simple solution is that people need to find a healthier balance of priorities. I could certainly benefit from a small adjustment. Too many need to make much larger adjustments.

The difficulty is in motivating enough people to make this decision.

A person that doesn't make time to cook is prioritising convenience over nutrition.

Not necessarily. It depends what one means by 'cooking' and in addition, there are situations in which a person is unable to cook for perfectly legitimate reasons. It is also perfectly possible to have what is normally referred to as a 'healthy diet' - complete with hot meals - with only very minimal preparation and cooking.

ETA they may also be prioritising how they use their time; as long as a healthy diet is eaten/provided, whether 'cooked' or not, spending worthwhile time with - for example - one's children, or helping a sick friend or neighbour, can scarcely be called poor prioritisation.

Last edited:

winjim

Smash the cistern
You can't make time. Time proceeds at the inexorable rate of one second per second*. If I could make time just think of all the things I could do.

*Yeah I know but I'm standing on a ball with fairly constant mass, travelling pretty slowly in the grand scheme of things. Certainly at the same speed as my dinner.

Spot-on! Animal fats are more saturated and in general proportionally longer chained than veg oils and so are also more heat stable....great for roasting - high temp/long time.
I also collect and reuse fats/oils/dripping.

Waste not, want not... :okay:

I buy the blocks of beef dripping - the stuff is fabby for chips and roasties.

Top Bottom