Occupation on BBC1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Young Un

I will be when I have finished my customary post TT cereal:biggrin:

Wigsie

Nincompoop
User1314 said:
Watched the first 5 mins then turned over to watch Dodgeball. Bit too heavy and emotionally cloying for me. Bit cliched as well, with little girl being blown up whilst eating jellie babies by ruthless enemy badmen. Plus I keep seeing Nesbitt and not the squaddie he's meant to be.

I'd like to see a high-class film take on Iraq, but may have to wait a while.

+1

Arch

Married to Night Train
Bodhbh said:
Now you mention it, it is a problem with him whatever he's in.

I don't see it as a problem, TBH....:blush:

I thought it was good - I'll admit Nesbitt was probably the hook that got me into it, but I want to know what happens next...

I thought the conflict scenes were good - I think watching in black and white heightens them somewhat...

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
Just watched the first 15 mins in my lunch break on iplayer. Enjoying so far so will watch rest later.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Arch said:
I don't see it as a problem, TBH....:birthday:

I thought it was good - I'll admit Nesbitt was probably the hook that got me into it, but I want to know what happens next...

I thought the conflict scenes were good - I think watching in black and white heightens them somewhat...
+1. It was good in colour too.

OP
OP
montage

montage

God Almighty
I will just take the chance to say...

I participated in a dodgeball tournement (5 a side) with the same rules as seen on the film.

I was down to the last man at one point....1v4 and got all 4 of the bastards :birthday:

We lost in the final though :rolleyes: :?: :sad: :sad:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Hmm, I saw it and thought it was okay - not bad :smile:

p.s. Dodgeball is a pooooo movie :smile: I have it on DVD and am prepared to give it away if anyone wants it! You need to cover postage of course :wacko:

SD

Globalti

Legendary Member
Watched 20 minutes of it last night and turned over; it was a bit weak. I saw the rather implausible bit where he went searching for the woman doctor at the hospital then met her husband. Did it improve later?

The ending of episode 2 was thought provoking and the use of Pink Floyd's "The Gunner's Dream" was an inspired and an evocative moment.

This was a difficult scene that was effective for the lack of graphic violence and will change the way I listen to that particular track

Top Bottom