Off to a literary open mic night...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As above really.... Its the same venue as the second leg of my stand up tour..... (okay I performed a 'skit' at a stand up night then repeated it at this place a week or so later) but this time I'm reading, not remembering the stuff and I'm going for midly amusing blog/anecdotes rather than true stand up so far less stressed about it than last time.....

Going to give em a cycling piece I wrote for @Andrew_Culture 's veloballs site (probably 'My original Viking a tale of wanton abandonment'), a couple of bits off my own blogsite and a chapter of 'Sugar Beat'

Taking my tablet computer with me as all my stuff is on there and I can 'read' the evenings tone and choose seconds before its my turn....

anothersam

SMIDSMe
To warm up the crowd you could have your Flow Chart To Aid Bike Selection projected behind. Be sure to give people time to cascade through it before you take the mic, else they'll be craning their necks throughout the performance to try to read it, which could put you off your stride.

For an encore, segue to Cyclist and Non-cyclist Relationship Help; everybody loves stuff about relationships. If you need a visual aid for that I'll loan you my Bicycle Approval Form {Preliminary to Purchase Order}

BAF.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
simon the viking
To warm up the crowd you could have your Flow Chart To Aid Bike Selection projected behind. Be sure to give people time to cascade through it before you take the mic, else they'll be craning their necks throughout the performance to try to read it, which could put you off your stride.

For an encore, segue to Cyclist and Non-cyclist Relationship Help; everybody loves stuff about relationships. If you need a visual aid for that I'll loan you my Bicycle Approval Form {Preliminary to Purchase Order}

View attachment 86662
Love that order form... need to download it and fill it out for Mrs v's approval.... (or probably not) and had half forgotten my flowchart.... no projector though but I could do a fake flipchart presentation perhaps in the future....

Top Bottom