oh boy todays ride

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jane Smart

The Queen
Was interesting:smile:

On my usual cycle path ( Scoosh know it ;) ) when I cam across a broken bottle.

Well I dismounted, started kicking the broken glass to one side, when this guy on his racing bike, clad in lycra comes along, I try to warn him re the glass, he cycles past me like he trod in me and I got stuck to his clipless shoexx(

Arrogant twat

Anyway, I hop back on my MTB and think "f" him so I caught up with him, then scalped him, said, excuse me hahah ( at 22 mph ) and was laughing to myself Ok I knew he was on a racing bike, I was on my MTB big nobbly tyres, about two minutes later, he over took me, at a speed my wee bike would have been proud of but could never have done, but I was happy :smile:

scook94

Veteran
Nice one! Just wait til you get your hybrid, we won't see you for dust!

I am Spartacus

Über Member
Another 'dig' ?
What if the geezer was something not a road bike and not dressed in yawn le lycr.........
I am not really having too much of a pop at you.. I dont want to be accused of flaming as that really is idiotic and forums are full of it to their detriment, however..:smile:

you did the right thing.
cycle paths are best avoided anyway as they are receptacles for all sorts of detritus
Road cyclists should be too fast for pathways
Maybe the guy had something on his mind..

all in all cut a little slack please

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Sorry I do apologise, as I had my lycra on too:blush: I was just trying to paint a picture and when typing, the whole image does not come across.

Once again I apologise, I would not like to offend anyone at all :smile:

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
I am Spartacus said:
You see .. lycra does make sense :smile:

good speed btw

Thank you ;)

Jane Smart said:
Was interesting:smile:

On my usual cycle path ( Scoosh know it :smile: ) when I cam across a broken bottle.

Well I dismounted, started kicking the broken glass to one side, when this guy on his racing bike, clad in lycra comes along, I try to warn him re the glass, he cycles past me like he trod in me and I got stuck to his clipless shoexx(

Arrogant twat

Anyway, I hop back on my MTB and think "f" him so I caught up with him, then scalped him, said, excuse me hahah ( at 22 mph ) and was laughing to myself Ok I knew he was on a racing bike, I was on my MTB big nobbly tyres, about two minutes later, he over took me, at a speed my wee bike would have been proud of but could never have done, but I was happy :sad:
There would have been a certain poetic justice had you then passed him again, stopped and fixing the puncture caused by the bit of glass that had only just now worked through his tyre. :biggrin:

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
LC I was so hoping that would have happened ;)

Rich P :cheers: Men don't do that do they ? :smile:

All that guy had to do yesterday was thank me that was all :sad: It was a straight part of the path, he could see what I was doing well before he got to me.:wahhey:

Oh well, fortunately we are not all the same :cheers:

Jane Smart said:
LC I was so hoping that would have happened ;)

Rich P :cheers: Men don't do that do they ? :smile:

All that guy had to do yesterday was thank me that was all :sad: It was a straight part of the path, he could see what I was doing well before he got to me.:wahhey:

Oh well, fortunately we are not all the same :cheers:
I have to confess that I was expecting / hoping for that to be the outcome as I read the story. Ah well, I'll stick to that version in my head .. it's got a more satisfying feel to it.

OP
OP
Jane Smart

Jane Smart

The Queen
Lazy-Commuter said:
I have to confess that I was expecting / hoping for that to be the outcome as I read the story. Ah well, I'll stick to that version in my head .. it's got a more satisfying feel to it.

Same here I think :sad:

Your version is better :biggrin:

Top Bottom