Oh dear! Mr Policeman is up the creek me thinks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

allen-uk

Police officers, like squaddies, like a good scrap.

They are just blokes, not very bright blokes - in fact the bright ones get weeded out early on.

In a civilised society, as ours was some decades ago, they were CONTROLLED. Even their violence was controlled. But now their rogue elements run riot.

gavintc

Guru
The good old days were always better when a copper was allowed to duff up a criminal properly without anyone complaining.

PaulB

Legendary Member
gavintc said:
The good old days were always better when a copper was allowed to duff up a criminal properly without anyone complaining.

Aye, even if he wasn't a criminal at the time of the beating.

Arch

Married to Night Train
It's absolutely no vindication or excuse for the police - I'm appalled by all this, but did the guy have a known history of heart trouble, that might have led him to be on blood thinners? That might have exacerbated any bleeding.

I'm ashamed to think our police can act like this. Even if they were being provoked (I haven't heard the video of this event clearly, I did wonder if he'd told them to feck off or something, otherwise I can see no reason at all to push him over), they shouldn't give in. If any of us did that, we'd be arrested. That other incident is the same - the girl who was slapped was apparently deliberately shouting at the copper to provoke him, but he should have been able to rise above it. Isn't that what they have training for? I see stuff on telly (Traffic Cops and the like), and think, if that crim said that to me, I'd smack him one, but I expect better of the police.

Mortiroloboy

allen-uk said:
Police officers, like squaddies, like a good scrap.

They are just blokes, not very bright blokes - in fact the bright ones get weeded out early on.

In a civilised society, as ours was some decades ago, they were CONTROLLED. Even their violence was controlled. But now their rogue elements run riot.

Er, excuse me, but that may be a bit of an over generalization, and one to which I take an exception. As a serving officer, quite frankly I am appalled and disgusted at the way that individual acted, but please do not ever make sweeping generalizations like that as it causes offence to the majority of police officers who are carrying out their duties in a lawful manner.

Thugs like him have no place in the police service, and if it can be proven in a court of law that his actions were the cause of that mans death, then quite honestly he deserves what is coming to him, and good riddance.

Your apology is accepted.

ACS

Legendary Member
Yet another conviction by media and there was me in my naivety thinking that everyone was innocent until proven otherwise, evidently this basic foundation of law is no longer relevant.

Top Bottom